- This role is a management position within the group, so we want to appoint an actuary with 5+ years’ experience in the life and non-life insurance business. Given the technical nature of the work performed, the candidate filling this role will require very strong technical actuarial skills.
- An analytical approach to problem solving will be required, and the candidate will need to make rational, realistic and sound recommendations / decisions and commits to actions. The work will involve being persistent in spite of obstacles and digging beneath the facts to identify the key or underlying issues in complex situations.
- The candidate will require good communication skills, with an ability to express views/ideas clearly and logically in written and oral form. The candidate will require an ability to influence key stakeholders within cross-functional projects, which will include understanding who to communicate to and when.
- Given the responsibilities for the design and implement of key projects, the candidate will need to demonstrate an ability to establish plans and manage execution.
- As the candidate will be responsible for the Actuarial team, the candidate will be required to demonstrate leadership in developing staff – that is, in motivating, developing and coaching others – and in the management of resources.
- IFRS 17 development and implementation:
Support and provide guidance on various elements of IFRS 17 development for the corporate business including:
· Data and infrastructure development
· Policy and methodology formulation
· Transition calculations
· Actuarial modelling support
· Actuarial and finance process enablement
· Business impact analysis
- Process efficiency and automation:
Ensure processes are efficient, robust and fit for purpose. Ensure the control environment is adequate and effective. This will apply across all corporate products’ (including investments, annuities, group risk valuations, reporting, and business support functions).
- Group risk reserving, embedded value, capital and business insights:
Provide specialist support of the valuation process and provide insights on the group risk financial results and performance, while ensuring appropriate controls, including:
· Market consistent embedded value
· Value of new business
· Analysis of surplus and embedded value
· Solvency capital calculations
· Earnings at risk
· Experience investigations
· Development and maintenance of tools to analyse actuarial data and results in order to enhance management reporting
· Produce reports providing insights into business results and emerging trends
- Job Requirements
· Qualified Actuary Institute
· 5+ years’ relevant actuarial experience.
· Experience in non-life and life insurance valuations
· Knowledge of IFRS17
· Prophet, DCS, VBA, SQL or other program knowledge would be advantageous
· Strong technical skills and attention to detail
· Ability to communicate effectively to diverse technical and non-technical audiences (written and verbal)
· Ability to collaborate effectively
· Ability to work on a range of deliverables
· Ad-hoc projects: Support the delivery of relevant projects objectives
· Leading with Influence
· Customer First
· Personal Mastery
Deadline for receipt of application is 31st May 2020.